THREE SIGNIFICANT WORDS OF WARNING:
1. Mene: Your days are numbered.
• We have a limited . (Hebrews 9:27)
2. Tekel: You have been weighed and found wanting.
• We are . (Ecclesiastes 4:6)
3. Parsin/Peres: Your kingdom will be divided.
• We ignore the . (2 Corinthians 6:2)
THREE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE IN RESPONSE:
1. Live your life with a sense of and .
2. Put things .
3. Do it .
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
Read Daniel 5 and discuss:
• What mistakes did Belshazzer make? How do they compare to our own thinking?
• MENE (Your days are numbered): When you have a limited amount of something, how does that affect how you use it? When you have limited money, how do you use it? Time in a day? How should this thinking change how we live out our lives?
• TEKEL (You have been weighed and found wanting): It’s easy to not use our time wisely and get out of balance. What is out of balance in your life today? What should you be prioritizing that you are not?
• PARSIN/PERES (Your kingdom will be divided): God gives us warnings through circumstances, stress, His Word, other people, etc. What warnings is He giving you today? Are you making time and getting quiet enough to hear those warnings? What can you do to better listen for the voice of God?
• How does God’s judgement reveal His goodness? How can a God who brings judgment also be a God of mercy and love? How can we emulate the righteous judgement of a loving God?
QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL REFLECTION
• Living life with purpose starts with a relationship with Jesus and understanding who He created us to be. Do you know why you were created? What can you do today/this week to gain a clearer picture of your God-given purpose?
• Think about your schedule this week. Make a list of what you are going to do. Look at your list and ask yourself these questions:
– What is missing from this list that is vital to my life & spiritual health? – What is on this list that drains my life & spiritual health?
– Is there space and time for God…am I listening to Him?
– Is there space and time for the people of God…am I investing time into the right relationships?
– Where am I out of balance?
• Think about your circumstances. Are there any warning signs you need to be paying attention to? Stress? Negative emotions? Are you doing anything to escape or ignore the warning signs?
• What area of your life needs to be given over to the lordship of Jesus? What are you holding onto that needs to be given to Him?