BIG POINT: This generation needs parents who don’t just modify behavior and emotion, but also .
4 characteristics of biblical parenting:
EDC (Every Day Carry):
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
• What are the positives and negatives of authoritarian and permissive parenting? What sets biblical parenting apart from these two styles?
• What makes a parent successful? What are some characteristics of successful parents?
• Read Psalm 139:13-16 & Ephesians 2:8-10. What are some ways that parents shine a light on the God-given identity & purpose of their child?
• There’s no doubt that despite a biblical approach to parenting, children may walk away from faith. What can a parent do in those times?
• What role can people play who are not parents but still invest in the life of a young person? How can you support and encourage parents who are in difficult life stages?
• What impacted you most from the message? How can this be applied?
50 Things Every Child Needs to Know Before Leaving Home (Mulvihill)
Bringing up Boys (Dobson)
Bringing up Girls (Dobson)
Effective Parenting in a Defective World (Ingram)
It’s Just a Phase (Joiner)
Biblical Grandparenting (Mulvihill)
Five Love Languages of Children (Chapman)
The New Strong-Willed Child (Dobson)
Parent Cue App
Bible App for Kids