THE BIG QUESTION:
How can I what I can’t ?
THE THREE PILLARS OF FORGIVENESS:
THE BIG POINT: is the
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
• What are the biggest obstacles to forgiveness?
Read Philemon and discuss:
• What stands out to you or puzzles you about what you read?
• Put yourself in Philemon’s shoes. How would you respond if someone stepped in and challenged you to forgive? How would you respond if the person who had wronged you was the one who handed you the letter from Paul?
• Why would Paul have been motivated to write this letter? Why get involved?
• Discuss the three pillars of forgiveness. Which do you find most difficult and why?
• Why does God call His people to forgiveness? How does forgiveness bring healing?
Meditate on the following verses and write down what God shows you:
Monday: Matthew 6:9-15
Tuesday: Colossians 3:13
Wednesday: 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Thursday: Psalm 147:3
Friday: Romans 8:26-28
Saturday: Romans 12:19
Sunday: 1 Peter 2:21-23
What are you holding on to that you should be letting go of? This week, begin the journey of release with God. Admit what is keeping you from surrendering it and bring it before God.